[GRASS-dev] G7: how to get rid of multiple listing of identical map names?

Huidae Cho grass4u at gmail.com
Sun Jun 22 05:36:52 PDT 2014

We have the same "new" issue in 6.4. I would just remove those warnings.

It looks like those warning messages are somehow related to r22844 by
Glynn. The messages may be useful, but printing one warning per element for
the same map is too much and the user doesn't need to know what element is
being accessed. If we definitely want to show these similar messages, they
should be per map, not per element per map to avoid too much and annoying
verbosity.

But still, IMHO, I don't see them *that* useful because the find_file
returns the first file found in the search path based on a known and
defined rule, which the user should already be familiar with. It's not that
something unexpected is happening. Why not changing them to
G_verbose_message or even G_debug?