[GRASS-dev] Critical bugs for 6.4.4 release: last chance to react, otherwise we'll release with these bugs

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 14:44:04 PDT 2014

Hi,

>> Sorry for the somewhat aggressive subject line, but it's meant as a
>> heads-up and last call for action.
>>
>> We want to release 6.4.4 and if no one has immediate solutions for these
>> bugs, I suggest to just declare them as known bugs and release.
>>
>> *************Executive summary**********
>>
>> Of the remaining bugs marked as critical I see two where we might still
>> need a backport to 6.4.4:
>>
>> - https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/560 (WinGRASS not deleting temp ppm
>> files from map display)
>

> I just committed a fix for it to 6.5, should I go ahead and backport it now?

I think that it's going in the direction that you don't need to hurry
with backports. AFAIK Markus is going to be offline in two days for
some time (he noted that already). Deadline for OSGeo Live is July 6.
History repeats, we are close to fail to release again in time. These
two requests for backports means that we simply miss OSGeo Live, seems
to me.

Martin

--
Martin Landa * http://geo.fsv.cvut.cz/gwiki/Landa