[GRASS-dev] sphinx documentation for lib python

Sören Gebbert soerengebbert at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 26 08:50:16 PDT 2014

Hi Luca,

[snip]

> I take as example raster [0]. For RastRow there is a description with
> example and after start the documentation about RastRow class.
> I would like to keep the description with example there and move the
> RastRow class documentation to the new lib/python documentation. This
> because I think that http://grass.osgeo.org/grass71/manuals/pygrass/
> should be for user and the new lib/python documentation is for
> developers and the two documentations should be separated. Is it more
> clear now?

IMHO was pygrass designed to be used by Python developers, hence all
the documentation was written for developers. User usually do not
write modules with low level map access. :)
I wouldn't split the pygrass documentation. We need the examples and
the class documentation to actually program with pygrass. Otherwise
developers have to search for documentation in two different places.

However, i do not really understand why the pygrass documentation
belongs into the manual page section? IMHO all library documentation
belongs into the programming manual.

Best regards
Soeren