[GRASS-dev] problem with r59163

Luca Delucchi lucadeluge at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 01:29:58 PST 2014

Hi devs, specially Maris

the changeset r59163 broke grass70 startup.
In our group we had three different situation:
- I have no problem in wx file I had language;locale;lc_all;C
- one my colleague cannot start grass70 because language was missing
in his wx file
- another colleague had language;locale;lc_all;None he was able to
start grass70.

Can I suggest to set up the os environment language if language is
missing in the wx file and show a dialog that suggest to the user to
change the language in the setting preferences?

This is the error that my colleague had:

Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "/usr/local/bin/grass70", line 1279, in <module>
   set_language()
 File "/usr/local/bin/grass70", line 778, in set_language
   if language == 'None':
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'language' referenced before assignment

[0] http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/changeset/59163

--
ciao
Luca