[GRASS-dev] wxgui: enabling "page down" key in map selection boxes

Anna Petrášová kratochanna at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 08:51:06 PST 2014

Hi,

On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 5:56 AM, Martin Landa <landa.martin at gmail.com> wrote:

> > when you start typing the name, it should change automatically
> > selection in drop-down widget.
>
> I am wrong, it's not working like that. AFAIR it was working some time
> ago. No idea what was changed that it's not working with the recent
> version...

this widget is very problematic because it does not behave the same across
platforms and has problems with focus. I did some experiments on Ubuntu and
I realized it behaves differently even with and without the special Ubuntu
scrollbars. So if you switch off the special scrollbars with
export LIBOVERLAY_SCROLLBAR=0
and then you are able to use PageDown/Up automatically without any code
changes, however my arrows then have no effect on the selection of the maps.
If you switch on the scrollbars again (export LIBOVERLAY_SCROLLBAR=1) then
the arrows start to work and the PageDown is ignored. in this mode I am not
able make the popup window scroll with any hack.

But at least, before you open the popup, type a few letters of the
beginning of the map name and when you open the popup, the first matching
map should be selected. When the popup is open there is no way to type the
name (problems with focus).

You can also use the dialog for adding more maps and use regular
expressions.

So, I think this widget might behave better in wxPython 3 but I haven't
tested it much.

Anna