[GRASS-dev] GSoC 2014: GRAS GIS Web UI

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 11:42:55 PST 2014

On Thu, Mar 6, 2014 at 1:38 PM, epi <massimodisasha at gmail.com> wrote:

> At the moment i’m having so much fun with IPython Notebook
> that is my actually my grass interface ... in this idea i can see a little
> room for it too :)

IPython Notebook would be the clear choice of Python command console for a
web GUI written from scratch. Similarly, OpenLayers or Leaflet could become
a web GRASS GUI map display. The downside of things such as GTK+ Broadway
is that these solutions are simply not available. Although they can be
always used inside some web view. With this we are getting to the other
option I was mentioning: web-based GUI used in a web view(s) on desktop.
This would allow us to use all highly interactive Java Script visualization
libraries on desktop.

http://wxpython.org/Phoenix/docs/html/html2.WebView.html