[GRASS-dev] GSoC 2014: GRAS GIS Web UI

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 12:06:30 PST 2014

On Fri, Mar 7, 2014 at 12:23 PM, epi <massimodisasha at gmail.com> wrote:

> as Vaclav suggestion (thanks to start the wiki page about that!), should
> we put  all the info on the wiki and extend the discussion to the user list
> as well ?

My idea is that mailing list is for discussion while wiki is better for
preserving results of the discussion and as a overview for the people not
involved in the dicussion from the beginning. Speaking about

https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/GSoC/2014/WebGRASS

For the GSoC idea itself, it should be in the same form as other ideas here:

https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/GSoC/2014#Web-basedGUIforGRASSGIS

grass-user would be best for getting requirements, such as "I want what
ArcGIS Online is doing" and finding out what does this actually means.

And about the other things, I really cannot elaborate on this (no
knowledge, no time) but when we are speaking about jails, virtual session
or whatever for Wt-based and IPython-Notebook-based web GUI, wouldn't that
be the same for Broadway-based GUI? I would guess that rollapp.com is doing
something similar.