[GRASS-dev] GSoC 2014: GRAS GIS Web UI

Rashad M mohammedrashadkm at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 01:01:20 PDT 2014

Hi Stefan,

On Mon, Mar 10, 2014 at 7:00 AM, epi <massimodisasha at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Stefan,
>
> about anonymous access, the app  can use a demo location that is generated
> on the fly using cloning a "template location".
> If i well remember, PyWPS does something like that.
>
> But you need to be limit the number of available instance running ... (has
> to be a configurable option), to avoid a server overload.
> how may anonymous users can test the app at the same time is up to the
> capabilities of your server.

This is more of a customization of webGRASS. WebGRASS UI is the web
extestion to run grass modules. If you want to allow anonymous users or
trusted users is a question of deployment. Some webmapping framework allows
a demo users and the person who installs webgrass on their server be it on
internet or else, he must know his users as any other typical web
application. For example you can deploy your data on internet using web
services and map viewer client like OpenLayers and allow anonymous users or
setup a login and allow only verified users. Again the the login could use
(OAuth, simple db login, manual verification, auto email verification
etc.). This shouldn't be a part of web framework in my opinon. Rather web
application allows such provision in a non coupled way.

In case of webgrass we decide to have trusted login by default.

Regards,
   Rashad