[GRASS-dev] r.colors -help

Alessandro Samuel Rosa alessandrosamuel at yahoo.com.br
Tue Mar 11 06:40:40 PDT 2014

Dear Grass Developers,

I am using GRASS from R with package spgrass6. There is an inconsistency
between some modules which I believe is not related with R or spgrass6.
Usually, calling a module without passing any arguments is the same as
using argument "-help". For example, system("r.carve") returns the same
as system("r.carve -help"). This is not true for "r.colors". When
calling "r.colors" without the help argument, GRASS returns an error
message informing that no raster map was specified. If I not wrong,
there is another module that I used sometime ago which has the same
behaviour, but I can not remember which.

I suggest that, if possible, the help of any module could be called
simply passing the module name without further arguments.

Regards,

--

Alessandro Samuel-Rosa
---