[GRASS-dev] [GRASS GIS] #2232: Add text to each animation slide based on the result of a query on a vector layer

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Wed Mar 26 10:09:57 PDT 2014

#2232: Add text to each animation slide based on the result of a query on a vector
layer
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  bhlevca      |       Owner:  grass-dev@…
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  new
      Cpu:  Unspecified  |
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
 I  would need that the animation tool would be able to handle automated
 text addition to each slide as opposed to manual addition of the same text
 to all the slides

 For example: We end up with a set of raster layers that were the result of
 a succession of interpolations from a vector point layer such as in a
 climate map.
    * Each raster layer was created based on a value extracted from the
 point layer.
    * At the same time to each temperature value in the point vector layer
 there is a corresponding text time stamp.

 It would be helpful to be able to extract the string from the vector layer
 corresponding to each slide and attach it at export time.

 If a GUI feature would be too complex to build at least a hook that would
 let a script do something to attach the text on each separate slide could
 be a first step. The script itself would be responsible to extract the
 text information. The GUI would only have to apply the text provided by
 the script to each slide.

 This would be useful to create a time lapse movie when we deal with
 regular raster layers and  not with space-time layers. Thanks

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2232>
GRASS GIS <http://grass.osgeo.org>