[GRASS-dev] [Qgis-developer] GRASS & QGIS: the future

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Thu Mar 27 05:36:08 PDT 2014

I'm not much of a QGIS-as-GRASS-frontend user, either, but from a
general point of view I also think that duplication is a problem and
that the current way to go in QGIS is the processing framework. So;

On 27/03/14 12:49, Blumentrath, Stefan wrote:
> I understand well the point; however, the plugin has additional functions, e.g.:
> * a grass shell

couldn't this be implemented within the processing environment ?

> * a grass data browser

If we are talking about accessing GRASS data for loading into QGIS,
wouldn't it be a better idea to improve the GDAL/OGR handling in order
to be able to load GRASS data just like any other data format ?

> * a grass digitizing environment.

Maybe this could be split out into a specific plugin ?

Moritz