[GRASS-dev] r.statistics in G7

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Fri Mar 28 14:16:42 PDT 2014

Martin Landa wrote:

> > would be nice to decide before we start releasing tech-previews. Martin
>
> for the record, after discussion in OSGeo Vienna Code Sprint -
> `r.statistics2` has been renamed in trunk to `r.stats.zonal` and
> `r.statistics3` to `r.stats.quantile`. Martin

In which case, r.statistics should probably be removed altogether.

It has been (almost completely) superseded by the other two modules (a
fact which is less likely to be noticed in light of the renaming).

The only functionality which isn't available via the other modules is
the mode calculation. The main reason being that the new modules
assume floating-point data (r.statistics uses r.stats which is based
upon categories), for which the concept of "mode" isn't particularly
meaningful.