[GRASS-dev] wxGUI data catalog

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Fri May 2 12:18:28 PDT 2014

On Thu, May 1, 2014 at 1:18 PM, Martin Landa <landa.martin at gmail.com> wrote:

> one of my students (Tereza, cc'ed) started to work on simple version
> of the data catalog implemented as a new tab in Layer Manager. This
> tool will allow to manage maps in the current location (remove, copy,
> or rename). Later could be added support for copying maps between
> different locations (including automated reprojection), preview of
> data and so on.

Hi, this could be a very helpful tool. There is one thing I strongly
suggest to you. The tool should be available as g.gui.datacatalog (or
whatever name is appropriate). There is several reason for this and we can
discuss them in detail if you want but basically they include better code,
possibility to not have it in main GUI at all, space for more feature-rich
interface, and fast access to functionality if your primary interface is
command line.

Vaclav