[GRASS-dev] Who wants GUI and who does not and why

Blumentrath, Stefan Stefan.Blumentrath at nina.no
Fri May 2 14:50:52 PDT 2014

Hi,

if you allow me a user comment on this:
> The user wants either grass-cli & grass-lib or grass-gui & grass-lib.

Actually, the combination of CLI and GUI is extremely handy in everyday work, which is why I regularly introduce students quite early to this combination. The possibility to copy the commands from GUI is here very helpful too. I missed having a CLI in parallel on Windows until it came with GRASS 7. Before I regularly started two grass sessions. First the GUI then the command line. It would be a pity if this perfectly matched team would be separated (in terms of user experience)…

Cheers
Stefan