[GRASS-dev] grass7/0_trunk/release fail to start

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Thu May 8 14:31:56 PDT 2014

On Thu, May 8, 2014 at 11:26 PM, Nikos Alexandris
<nik at nikosalexandris.net> wrote:
> Could it be due to a difference in wxPython installations?  In the working
> machine I have version 2.9.4.1-r2  and in the faulty one 3.0.0.0?  But this
> shouldn't be a problem, right?  The Requirements say: "wxPython >=
> 2.8.10.1".

Mhh, probably yes? While I commonly use Python 2.x I enforced python3
use for a test:

[neteler at oboe init]$ export GRASS_PYTHON=python3

[neteler at oboe init]$ grass70 -gui
Cleaning up temporary files...
Starting GRASS GIS...
  File "/home/neteler/software/grass70_release/dist.x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/gui/wxpython/gis_set.py",
line 409
    except ValueError, e:
                     ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
Error in GUI startup. If necessary, please report this error to the
GRASS developers.
Switching to text mode now.

Using:
python3 --version