[GRASS-dev] wiki pages for GSoc projects

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Sat May 17 15:40:49 PDT 2014

On Wed, May 14, 2014 at 10:53 AM, Martin Landa <landa.martin at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,

> > Hi, Trac wiki is the right choice, IMHO. There is somewhere an email
> > explaining all the reasons for it. The student's GSoC page should be
> subpage
> > of GSoC/2014, e.g. GSoC/2014/Metadata or GSoC/2014/MetadataForGRASS (the
> > official name does not have to be in URL, it is enough if it is in the
> main
> > heading/title). Vaclav
>
> thanks for explanation, is there is plan to move already existing GSoC
> pages from last years to Trac?
>
> I don't have a plan but I think it should be done. GRASS Wiki
(mediawiki/user) should not contain info which does not apply and describes
certain development stage.

However, GSoC pages are syntactically rich, so some conversion script is
needed. I'm not sure if pandoc can help. I think I had something for
conversion of some pages but it was certainly simple and limited. It's
probably only on my computer; I'll try to look for it.