[GRASS-dev] [GRASS GIS] #2228: g.mremove: add an option to use 'map name exclusion patterns' like is available in g.mlist

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Wed May 28 20:58:12 PDT 2014

#2228: g.mremove: add an option to use 'map name exclusion patterns' like is
available in g.mlist
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  pvanbosgeo   |       Owner:  grass-dev@…
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  new
      Cpu:  Unspecified  |
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
Changes (by hcho):

  * platform:  Unspecified => All

Comment:

 g.mremove has a bug that disallows the use of brace expansions. E.g.,

 {{{
 g.mremove rast="{sanderson,brady}_dem"
 }}}
 would not work because the pattern is split by comma first and two
 wildcard expressions "{sanderson" and "brady}" are both invalid. Since
 each option takes multiple map names, it cannot be avoided.

 The attached g.mremove version addresses this issue and has the same
 interface as g.mlist (including exclude=, but except for mapset=,
 separator=, and output=, which are irrelevant). Please test it. I think we
 should push this version to trunk and possibly relbr7.

 The attached version works like:
 {{{
 g.mremove type=rast pattern="{sanderson,brady}_*"
 exclude="*_f{acc,dem},sanderson_fdir"

 g.mremove type=rast,vect pattern="brady_basin"
 }}}

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2228#comment:2>
GRASS GIS <http://grass.osgeo.org>