[GRASS-dev] planning grass 7.0.0beta4

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Sun Nov 2 14:05:17 PST 2014

On Sun, Nov 2, 2014 at 2:36 PM, Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:

> - anything else?

#2326 needs to be solved. It's originally major but the solution we agreed
on with Glynn makes it a clear blocker because it changes API. The reason
why it changes API is that the API was purely designed. We need to change
it before 7.0, so that people can start using the right interface. The
challenging part is affected code in GRASS GIS [2]. There is a lot of
changes required and there is no chance we can test all before (without)
releasing new version because the test coverage is very low.

[1] http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2326
[2] http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2326#comment:5