[GRASS-dev] Some minor TGIS issues in GRASS 7.1

Sören Gebbert soerengebbert at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 5 05:45:35 PST 2014

Hi Stefan,

[snip]
> Both t.unregister and t.remove do not fully "unregister" maps from the
> temporal database. Only the "registered_stds" column in
> "raster_stds_register" is "emptied", while all entities in this table and
> all entries in "raster_metadata", "raster_spatial_extent", "raster_base",
> "raster_absolute_time" remain.
>
> So, even after I unregistered all maps of a stds and removed the st(r)ds,
> the raster map metadata stays in the db, and when I create a new strds and
> register maps I already had registered earlier I get a warning:
>
> "WARNING: Map is already registered in temporal database. Unable to update
> raster map 2012_09_precip at climate_1970_2012>. Overwrite flag is not set."
>
> Only t.remove -rf removes everything and properly cleans the temporal db.
>
> Is this intended behavior or a bug?

This is intentional.

t.remove without "-rf" will only remove the space time dataset from
the temporal database. Maps that have been registered in the STDS will
remain in the temporal database, since they may be registered in other
STDS as well.

"t.remove inputs=A,B" will remove STDS A and B but do not remove the
associated maps from the temporal database.

But "t.remove -rf inputs=A,B" will remove STDS and all associated maps
from the temporal and spatial database.

If you call t.unregister and you specify a space time dataset as
input, then the specified maps will be unregistered only from the
specified space time dataset. The reason for this is that the maps may
be registered in other STDS and should stay there. To unregister maps
from the temporal database and all associated STDS call t.unregister
without the input parameter:

"t.unregister input=A maps=a1,a2,a3" will unregister maps a1,a2 and a3
from STDS A.

"t.unregister maps=a1,a2,a3" will remove maps a1, a2 and a3 from the
temporal database.

> And, another thing which is unclear to me, should t.remove also unregister
> all maps associated with the stds or is the user expected to run
> t.unregister first?

See above. :)

Best regards
Soeren