[GRASS-dev] addons dependencies

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Fri Nov 7 04:33:20 PST 2014

On 05/11/14 10:38, Martin Landa wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> one student of mine rewrote `r.surf.nnbathy` and `v.surf.nnbathy` to
> Python for GRASS 7. The modules are using it's own little python
> library/module to perform computation. I wonder how to deal with such
> issues in addons regarding `g.extension`. I can see two options:
>
> 1) to put both modules and lib to one place, where ? (raster X vector)
> 2) put `r.surf.nnbathy` to raster and `v.surf.nnbathy` to vector
> 2a) where to put lib (/lib?) and how to install it via g.extension
>
> The second option would require to introduce into g.extension some
> mechanism of dependencies.
>
> Any idea, opinion?

No opinion, but there is a similar problem just with files in the same
directory:

see #2480.

And I just tried v.in.wfs2: g.extension does not give an error message
during installation, but it only installs the v.in.wfs2.py file, not the
other files and so when I run it, I get

v.in.wfs2 url=http://geoserver.gis.irisnet.be/urbis/wfs
layers=Municipalities output=comm
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File
"/data/home/mlennert/SRC/GRASS/grass70release/dist.x86_64
-unknown-linux-gnu/scripts/v.in.wfs2", line 129, in <module>
     sys.exit(main())
   File
"/data/home/mlennert/SRC/GRASS/grass70release/dist.x86_64
-unknown-linux-gnu/scripts/v.in.wfs2", line 113, in main
     from wfs_drv import WFSDrv
ImportError: No module named wfs_drv

I'm no Makefile expert and don't know how these errors can be solved
(but would have loved to have my students install v.class.ml on Monday
morning ;-) ).

Moritz