[GRASS-dev] rename d.legend

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 06:30:32 PST 2014

On Fri, Nov 7, 2014 at 8:36 AM, Martin Landa <landa.martin at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I would suggest to rename `d.legend` in G7 to `d.rast.legend`. I hope
> that we will have soon a module which allows to display also legend
> for vectors. Than we could easily add a new module `d.vect.legend`.
> What do you think?

We should consider that one often needs to display both legends (for
multiple vectors and one or more rasters), so then you want them to show as
one. This may lead to `d.rast.legend` and `d.vect.legend` and `d.legend`
which may encapsulate them.

I think Hamish was saying something about having just one module for both
since there would be a lot of similarities but I might be wrong. Perhaps
sharing the code using a library is more appropriate considering also
ps.map where you have vector and raster legends.

Note that `d.legend` supports also 3D raster, not only 2D, so it already
supports two different map types. However, overlap of parameters is 100% in
this case.

Vaclav

http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2083

Martin