[GRASS-dev] wxpython/iclass fails to compile, missing numpy.oldnumeric

Nikos Alexandris nik at nikosalexandris.net
Sun Nov 9 11:23:56 PST 2014

Nikos Alexandris

>> For both G70 and trunk, /osgeo/grass7_trunk/gui/wxpython/iclass
>> fails to
>> compile:

--%<---
>>   ImportError: NumPy not found.
>>
>>       This module requires the NumPy module, which could not be
>>       imported.  It probably is not installed (it's not part of the
>>       standard Python distribution). See the Numeric Python site
>>       (http://numpy.scipy.org) for information on downloading source
>> or
>>       binaries.
--->%--

Markus Neteler wrote:

> I can compile GRASS 7 successfully on Fedora 20
> (numpy-1.8.2-1.fc20.x86_64) and Scientific Linux 6.4
> (numpy-1.6.1-2.el6.x86_64).
> What is the relationship of numpy's oldnumeric and GRASS 7? Any error
> messages?

Yes, the above. Ehh.. maybe not related to G7 directrly? Complete msg:

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File
"/osgeo/grass7_trunk/dist.x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/scripts/g.gui.iclass",
line 62, in <module>
     from iclass.frame import IClassMapFrame
   File
"/osgeo/grass7_trunk/dist.x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/gui/wxpython/iclass/frame.py",
line 61, in <module>
     from iclass.plots       import PlotPanel
   File
"/osgeo/grass7_trunk/dist.x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/gui/wxpython/iclass/plots.py",
line 19, in <module>
     import wx.lib.plot as plot
   File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/wx-3.0-gtk2/wx/lib/plot.py",
line 126, in <module>
     raise ImportError, "NumPy not found.\n" + msg
ImportError: NumPy not found.

     This module requires the NumPy module, which could not be
     imported.  It probably is not installed (it's not part of the
     standard Python distribution). See the Numeric Python site
     (http://numpy.scipy.org) for information on downloading source or
     binaries.

Nikos