[GRASS-dev] G7 blockers call

Johannes Brauner johannes.brauner at tu-dresden.de
Tue Nov 11 14:27:39 PST 2014

Hi Anna and Helmut,

On 11.11.2014 22:36, Anna Petrášová wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 26, 2014 at 3:57 AM, Helmut Kudrnovsky <hellik at web.de
> <mailto:hellik at web.de>> wrote:
>
>     Hi Anna,
>

>     Anna Petrášová wrote
>     > On Thu, Sep 25, 2014 at 9:59 AM, Helmut Kudrnovsky <
>
>     > hellik@
>
>     > > wrote:
>     >
>     >> hi,
>     >>
>     >> >Great, I will try tomorrow. I need to ask someone to try it, on the
>     >> computers I have access to, it was
>     >> >working before.
>     >>
>     >> Are you sure that it has ever worked? Download, unzip and untar the
>     >> archive
>     >> was working, regarding installing and copying I'm not sure ...
>     >>
>     >
>     > Sure, it was and is still working on certain computers when I check it in
>     > the wizard.
>     >
>     > I was wondering if the fontconfig problem I asked earlier could be somehow
>     > related. You haven't probably experienced this problem. I will see after
>     > the testing.
>
>     WinGRASS-7.1.svn-r62087-1088-Setup.exe works now here on my side
>     regarding
>     installing and copying runtime files; als Johannes confirmed it also.
>

> Sorry to say that, but one user reported the same problem again with
> pretty recent (last week) grass70 binary. I haven't had time to look
> into it yet, but it looks exactly the same as the problem we hoped to be
> fixed. The workaround with unzipping and copying helped her.

I cannot confirm this behaviour on my Windows 7 machine. With
WinGRASS-7.0.0svn-r62695-1130-Setup and
WinGRASS-7.1.svn-r62694-1128-Setup GRASS starts as expected. Both times,
I've opted to download and install the MS runtimes. Cannot decide
whether this helps or not ;) If you need further details about my
configuration, let me know.

Cheers,

Johannes