[GRASS-dev] Tests down to 65% (from 86%)

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 05:43:41 PST 2014

On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 5:32 AM, Markus Metz <markus.metz.giswork at gmail.com>
wrote:

> BTW, the test suite does not run with Python 2.6 because import
> argparse fails, this module is new in Python 2.7.

I know and I don't know if 2.6 support is feasible. A lot of unittest
functions was added in 2.7, so most of the tests would fail anyway. There
is unittest2 package which can be installed separately and used instead of
unittest in Python 2.6 but as I was reading about it it does not seem as
smooth as I hoped for.

But perhaps installing unittest2 and argparse is worth trying. Few changes
will be required in gunittest too, mostly imports I hope.

About which platform do we talk about because now I'm starting to be
concerned more about Python 3 which is appearing more and more as default.

I forgot to mention this in the other thread about gunittest backport,
incompatibility with 2.6 is another argument against backport.

Vaclav

https://docs.python.org/2/library/unittest.html#assert-methods
https://docs.python.org/2/library/unittest.html#unittest.TestCase.assertRaisesRegexp
https://docs.python.org/2/library/unittest.html#unittest.TestCase.addTypeEqualityFunc