[GRASS-dev] How to calculate log() in v.db.update with SQLite backend?

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Wed Nov 19 03:05:41 PST 2014

On Wed, Nov 19, 2014 at 9:05 AM, Moritz Lennert
<mlennert at club.worldonline.be> wrote:
> Do you mean for your specific problem or generally in GRASS ?

Ideally generally in GRASS.

> I don't think
> that we should start creating (and maintaining) our own version of functions
> for specific backends. Users that need them should either use the options
> provided by the backend, in this case the extension functions,

Means
- recompile SQLite locally, or
- add pysqlite support in GRASS GIS if it makes sense
- ...

> or should switch backends.

So only the PG backend would do the job? Quite some effort to
calculate a logarithm :-)
Too bad that the SQLite backend doesn't come with the extended functions.

Markus