[GRASS-dev] Issues installing GRASS 7.0 from Ubuntu PPA

Isaac Ullah isaac.ullah at asu.edu
Wed Nov 19 16:30:58 PST 2014

Hi all,

   I've been trying to get GRASS7 installed on several machines running
Xubuntu 14.04, with no success. These are fresh installs of the OS, so
there should be no cruft complicating install. I'm installing from the
"GRASS-stable" ubuntu PPA repository, and am indeed following all the
procedures. GRASS seems to install okay, but there are major issues when I
try to run it. First, wx-gui dies on start with the following error message:

--
Isaac I Ullah, Ph.D.

Arizona State University
PO Box 2402