[GRASS-dev] [GRASS GIS] #2496: r.random.surface error from RAN C library

Anna Petrášová kratochanna at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 20:03:56 PST 2014

On Thu, Nov 20, 2014 at 9:55 PM, GRASS GIS <trac at osgeo.org> wrote:

> #2496: r.random.surface error from RAN C library
>
> ------------------------------+---------------------------------------------
>  Reporter:  cmbarton          |       Owner:  grass-dev@…
>      Type:  defect            |      Status:  new
>       Cpu:  Unspecified       |
>
> ------------------------------+---------------------------------------------
>
> Comment(by cmbarton):
>
>  Unfortunately, no one here is a C programmer. We do Python, Java, and
>  other things. But not C.  :-(
>
>  Otherwise we might have figured it out and fixed it already.
>
>  Michael

Well, Python and Java are C-based languages:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_C-based_programming_languages

I am merely trying to suggest that since you know what is wrong and how to
fix it, it probably won't be a big problem for anyone in your group who is
able to program in any language and able to compile grass. Of course, some
other grass developer could fix it faster, but from my experience, it's
better to try to fix things on your own if you need them to be fixed soon
enough, especially if the bug is not bothering other developers at that
time.