[GRASS-dev] [GRASS-SVN] r62845 - in grass/trunk/scripts: . d.shadedmap r.shadedmap

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Fri Nov 21 01:09:01 PST 2014

Hi,

On Fri, Nov 21, 2014 at 5:00 AM,  <svn_grass at osgeo.org> wrote:
> Author: wenzeslaus
> Date: 2014-11-20 20:00:29 -0800 (Thu, 20 Nov 2014)
> New Revision: 62845
>
> Added:
>    grass/trunk/scripts/d.shadedmap/dshadedmap.png
>    grass/trunk/scripts/r.shadedmap/
>    grass/trunk/scripts/r.shadedmap/r.shadedmap.html
>    grass/trunk/scripts/r.shadedmap/r.shadedmap.py
>    grass/trunk/scripts/r.shadedmap/rshadedmap.png
> Removed:
>    grass/trunk/scripts/r.shadedmap/d.shadedmap.html
>    grass/trunk/scripts/r.shadedmap/d.shadedmap.py
> Modified:
>    grass/trunk/scripts/Makefile
>    grass/trunk/scripts/d.shadedmap/d.shadedmap.html
>    grass/trunk/scripts/d.shadedmap/d.shadedmap.py
>    grass/trunk/scripts/r.shadedmap/Makefile
> Log:
> d.shadedmap: split into two modules d.shadedmap for display and r.shadedmap for creating raster
>
>  * the raster creation functionality was anyway not sharing any code with the display part in the original d.shadedmap
>  * similar things are parameters and manual, so there is now some duplication in this
>  * thanks to r.shadedmap, GRASS shading is available to QGIS and others
>  * in wxGUI one can create the raster in usual way (before: pressing OK or Apply in d command dialog with no overwrite support)
>  * adds also brighten functionality for r.shadedmap implemented according to r.his manual (probably not perfect)
>  * changing examples to NC and adding images (different image for each module)

Thanks for your efforts, Vaclav.

But honestly I am not convinced to introduce yet another script
"r.shadedmap" which may add confusion.
At time we have

- d.his
- d.rgb
- d.shadedmap
- r.his
- r.rgb
- r.blend
- r.shaded.relief

new
- r.shadedmap

I see confusion between r.blend and r.shadedmap:

r.blend: Blends color components of two raster maps by a given ratio.
r.shadedmap: Drapes a color raster over an shaded relief or aspect map.

and would suggest to merge both into one script.

thanks
Markus