[GRASS-dev] Fwd: FOSDEM 2015

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Fri Nov 21 01:23:34 PST 2014

On Thu, Nov 20, 2014 at 10:10 AM, Moritz Lennert
<mlennert at club.worldonline.be> wrote:
> On 17/11/14 15:45, Moritz Lennert wrote:
>> As you can see below, Margherita contacted me concerning a GRASS
>> presentation at the geospatial devromm foreseen for the first time at
>> the upcoming FOSDEM.

(here the conf link: https://fosdem.org/2015/ - Brussels / 31 January
& 1 February 2015)

>> I can present something, but would like to know
>>
>> 1) if other devs are planning to attend and if yes, if they were
>> planning to present anything

I would be interested to go.

>> 2) which themes you think would be the most interesting to present from
>> a GRASS perspective
>>
>> Currently, I've been thinking about two themes:
>>
>> - The obvious "what's new in GRASS 7", but I'm not sure that this is the
>> most appropriate for the mostly developper crowd present at a FOSDEM.

I have never participated but I could offer talks at various tech level :)

>> - A focus on the different APIs in GRASS from C to pygrass to
>> grass.script, explaining structure and use cases of each.
>>
>> Any other ideas ?

- GRASS GIS and HPC (satellite data processing)

best,
Markus