[GRASS-dev] Fwd: FOSDEM 2015

Margherita Di Leo diregola at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 06:38:47 PST 2014

Hi,

On Mon, Nov 24, 2014 at 2:19 PM, Moritz Lennert <
mlennert at club.worldonline.be> wrote:

> On 21/11/14 10:23, Markus Neteler wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Nov 20, 2014 at 10:10 AM, Moritz Lennert
>> <mlennert at club.worldonline.be> wrote:

>> (here the conf link: https://fosdem.org/2015/ - Brussels / 31 January
>> & 1 February 2015)
>>
>>  I can present something, but would like to know

>> I would be interested to go.
>>

> Great !
>
>  2) which themes you think would be the most interesting to present from

>> I have never participated but I could offer talks at various tech level :)
>>
>>  - A focus on the different APIs in GRASS from C to pygrass to

>> - GRASS GIS and HPC (satellite data processing)
>>

> If you want to go for one of the two themes, you are probably better
> qualified than me to present them. But I am willing to help where I can.
>
> Margherita, I don't know how many slots there are, but I guess that one
> for the GRASS project is enough ?

It is great to have you both there! Yes I think that dedicating one slot to
the grass project will make the conference more balanced respect to other
projects as well. Does it sound reasonable to you to share one slot?
Regarding the time available for each slot, I can't say nothing yet,
because we will try to balance the time according to all the proposals that
are coming. I'll keep you posted.

Thank you!

--
Best regards,

Dr. Margherita DI LEO
Scientific / technical project officer

European Commission - DG JRC
Via Fermi, 2749
I-21027 Ispra (VA) - Italy - TP 261

Tel. +39 0332 78 3600
margherita.di-leo at jrc.ec.europa.eu

Disclaimer: The views expressed are purely those of the writer and may not
in any circumstance be regarded as stating an official position of the
European Commission.