[GRASS-dev] [GRASS GIS] #2409: last call for options keys consolidation

Anna Petrášová kratochanna at gmail.com
Fri Nov 28 15:29:18 PST 2014

On Fri, Nov 28, 2014 at 6:09 PM, Anna Petrášová <kratochanna at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 28, 2014 at 12:56 PM, Martin Landa <landa.martin at gmail.com>
> wrote:

>> > Please, keep all of us in the loop with updates on the remaining issues.
>>
>> someone could also please go through [1] and check what parameters
>> should be also renamed (I skipped at least r.sim.* and v.net.*
>>

> I will look at r.sim.*
>
> Anna
>
> modules)...
>>
>> Thanks, Martin
>>
>> [1]
>> http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/attachment/ticket/2409/module_params_overview-2014-11-28.csv.gz

What about r.stats using uppercase flags:

-A Print averaged values instead of intervals (floating-point maps only)
-N Do not report cells where all maps have no data
-C Report for cats floating-point ranges (floating-point maps only)

Is this something we should remove? Uppercase letters in options are not
supported (there was a discussion about it recently). Personally, I would
changed that to different lowercase letters (the lowercase a, n, c are
taken). We would have to use unrelated letters, because all related ones
are taken, so for example -A > -v, -N > -d, -C > -t (or any of
bdejkmqstuvwyz). But that might not be a big issue, there is already so
many flags, that one has to read the descriptions carefully anyway. Anyone
against renaming?

Thanks,

Anna