[GRASS-dev] [GRASS-SVN] r63227 - in grass/trunk/scripts: d.correlate d.out.file d.rast.leg d.redraw d.shadedmap d.to.rast d.vect.thematic d.what.rast d.what.vect

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Sun Nov 30 16:50:17 PST 2014

On Sun, Nov 30, 2014 at 5:42 PM, Vaclav Petras <wenzeslaus at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 28, 2014 at 4:43 AM, <svn_grass at osgeo.org> wrote:
>
>> +    env = grass.gisenv()
>> +    mon = env.get('MONITOR', None)
>> +    if not mon:
>> +        grass.fatal(_("No graphics device selected. Use d.mon to select
>> graphics device."))
>>

> Is this correct? I'm asking because d.shade(dmap) does not work in wxGUI
> now; ends with this error. It was working before as well as the other d.*
> commands, so the environment is set correctly it seems. Maybe the question
> is what is the correct environment settings (both GRASS GIS and system).

Accidentally, I got error message which lead me to partial fix in r63306.

After running `d.mon cairo` in terminal, I get in wxGUI

Details: MONITOR variable defined, GRASS_RENDER_IMMEDIATE ignored

I guess that any of MONITOR in GRASS GIS environmental file and
GRASS_RENDER_IMMEDIATE is sufficient for running d.* commands. I think the
modules before r63227 which had the monitor check are not meant to run from
wxGUI directly; at least some of them are caught by GUI and executed
differently.

I think that the behavior I got in wxGUI might be a bug since nothing was
rendered but I don't understand what are the valid states of all variables.

Vaclav

http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/changeset/63306