[GRASS-dev] [GRASS-SVN] r62171 - grass-addons/grass7/raster/r.edm.eval

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 14:06:33 PDT 2014

On Fri, Oct 3, 2014 at 4:47 PM, Helmut Kudrnovsky <hellik at web.de> wrote:

> http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/grass-commit/2014-October/033084.html
>

> >Modified:
> > grass-addons/grass7/raster/r.edm.eval/r.>edm.eval
> >Log:
> >update to new syntax for g.remove and g.list
>
> as syntax/option changes aren't yet backported from trunk to g7, IMHO it's
> important to give some advice to addon script authors how to handle these
> code differences which stops g7 addon scripts in trunk and vice versa!
>
> any opinion, suggestions?

Of course, the current situation is quite unfortunate but be patient
because it is just temporary. Eventually, we must unify it in 7.x.

I would suggest to write for the most stable version, the one which will be
shipped to users (release branch 7.0) and have a patch prepared for the new
API (which is now in trunk).

The alternative of course is to encapsulate the functionality in few
functions and switch inside according to GRASS version which is how you do
GRASS 6 and 7 compatibility if you don't want to maintain two files.

Anyway, we should proceed with the g.remove and g.list. The current issues
are that PyGRASS does not accept list for the pattern option because it is
not "multiple" and that GUI does not have any clue how to suggest maps and
other elements (you don't know that type and pattern options are related).
This should be probably discussed in another thread.

Vaclav

Helmut