[GRASS-dev] G7 blockers call

Anna Petrášová kratochanna at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 14:58:30 PDT 2014

On Fri, Sep 26, 2014 at 3:57 AM, Helmut Kudrnovsky <hellik at web.de> wrote:

> Hi Anna,
>

> Anna Petrášová wrote
> > On Thu, Sep 25, 2014 at 9:59 AM, Helmut Kudrnovsky <
>
> > hellik@
>
> > > wrote:
> >
> >> hi,

> >> computers I have access to, it was
> >>
> >> Are you sure that it has ever worked? Download, unzip and untar the
> >> archive
> >> was working, regarding installing and copying I'm not sure ...
> >>

> > Sure, it was and is still working on certain computers when I check it in
> > the wizard.
> >
> > I was wondering if the fontconfig problem I asked earlier could be
> somehow
> > related. You haven't probably experienced this problem. I will see after
> > the testing.
>
> WinGRASS-7.1.svn-r62087-1088-Setup.exe works now here on my side regarding
> installing and copying runtime files; als Johannes confirmed it also.
>
> regarding the fontconfig problem, it may be related?
>
> is there popping up a MS windows console window with following message
> during installation?:
>
> "Generating the font configuration file by scanning various directories for
> fonts.
> Please wait. Console window will close automatically ...."
>
> any other message in this console window?

It seems that this fontconfig problem was related, one user who experienced
this problem before, confirmed that after installing the new version (with
your fix), the text labels appeared with cairo driver. So hopefully, this
is solved. I will keep an eye on it and test it again when possible.

Thanks!

Anna