[GRASS-dev] wxGUI import chain

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 13:35:57 PDT 2014

On Mon, Oct 6, 2014 at 3:15 PM, Markus Metz <markus.metz.giswork at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Is there any reason why gui/wxpython/gis_set.py imports (eventually)
> etc/python/grass/pygrass/raster/buffer.py?
>
> Can you provide a traceback? I cannot reproduce.

> Anyway, r62196 fails to start the GUI in trunk because of broken
> pygrass. I doubt if it is a good idea to make pygrass a dependency of
> the GUI.

Perhaps this is another motivation to separate modules from PyGRASS and
empty __init__.py files (#2424).

PyGRASS is currently (directly used) used in

gui/wxpython/gui_core/gselect.py:56:    from grass.pygrass import messages
gui/wxpython/tplot/frame.py:44:from grass.pygrass.vector.geometry import
Point
gui/wxpython/tplot/frame.py:45:from grass.pygrass.raster import RasterRow

In tplot is probably can be imported on demand. I'm not sure about gselect,
maybe it relates to temporal framework. Temporal framework is used in the
GUI and is using PyGRASS.

Vaclav

http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2424