[GRASS-dev] sample vector temporal data

Helena Mitasova hmitaso at ncsu.edu
Tue Oct 7 18:35:23 PDT 2014

Anna,

to put these data into context, the dataset should include also at least one ortho (probably for 2009) and perhaps
also a lidar-based DEM for 2009.
I think that the detail will work better - maybe you can show it on orthophoto or a DEM to make it easier to understand what
the lines mean.

To derive vector time series from the climate data where the geometry is changing just derive isolines for temperature
or precipitation from the existing rasters. If the isolines are noisy we can smooth them out using v.generalize or reinterpolate some data.
This may be a simpler solution because it will use the same data set.

But the shoreline may be more interesting.

Helena

Helena Mitasova
Professor at the Department of Marine,
Earth, and Atmospheric Sciences