[GRASS-dev] error v.what.rast

Paulo van Breugel p.vanbreugel at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 00:44:29 PDT 2014

On Wed, Oct 8, 2014 at 9:21 AM, Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 7, 2014 at 11:20 PM, Paulo van Breugel
> > I am trying to upload raster values of the raster 'grid' to the attribute
> > table of the gbif vector layer, as below:
> >
> > g.region rast=grid
>
> can you please post
>
> g.region rast=grid -p

GRASS 7.1.svn (latlon):~ > g.region rast=grid -p
projection: 3 (Latitude-Longitude)
zone:       0
datum:      wgs84
ellipsoid:  a=6378137 es=0.006694379990141316
north:      37:22:30N
south:      39S
west:       20:12:30W
east:       57:40E
nsres:      0:02:30
ewres:      0:02:30
rows:       1833
cols:       1869
cells:      3425877

> > v.what.rast map=gbif raster=grid column=cell2arcm
> > Reading features from vector map...
> >  100%
> > ERROR: Reading raster map <grid@> request for row 1830 is outside region
>
> ... and also the boundary box of gbif?

Projection: Latitude-Longitude

N: 37:19:58.08N
S: 38:52:30S
E: 57:38:24E
W: 20:02:49.92W

> > Any idea what the error message is about. I have done this done before
> > without problems (same location/mapset and script), and I am really not
> sure
> > what I am doing different now.
>
> The computational region comes to mind. If that holds true, we might
> improve that error message.

> Markus

I should add that it runs well on some resolutions (e.g., using 10 or 5
arc-minute resolution, not on others (like the 2.5 arc-minute above)