[GRASS-dev] tests failed

Pietro peter.zamb at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 03:04:14 PDT 2014

On Thu, Oct 23, 2014 at 9:25 PM, Martin Landa <landa.martin at gmail.com> wrote:
>> it seems that
>>
>> http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/changeset/62349
>>
>> causes a lot failures. Problems are in some temporal modules, pygrass and
>> gunittests tests.
>
> hm, Soeren/Pietro any idea why it fails? Thanks, Martin

yes I think it fails because has broken the "pickability" of the
Module instance.
It should be fix in r62374.

However, I would like to revert your change... :-)

Introduce the debug message in the Module class it is a bad idea
because in this way also Module class is indirectly using ctypes.
Therefore all the work done to distinguish and isolate pygrass'
submodules that are using the ctypes is not valid any more.

Finally, I wrote a method decorator to add a debug message, this
function it is general enough to be used outside pygrass, but again it
is using ctypes that could be a problem if in a gui etc.

Otherwise we can modify the Messenger class to avoid to use the ctypes.

I don't know which option of the above is the right choice...

Pietro