[GRASS-dev] How to check if a vector map is multi-layer?

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 07:08:59 PDT 2014

On Thu, Oct 30, 2014 at 2:31 PM, Luca Delucchi <lucadeluge at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Markus,
>
> On 29 October 2014 09:15, Markus Metz <markus.metz.giswork at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Please try the attached patch for gui/wxpython/rlisetup.
>>

> I test your patch and it works. I improved a little bit it (attached
> the new patch).

Why did you remove the part that removes duplicates? This is needed in
order to avoid that the same raster is created twice, independent of
whether a feature has multiple categories or not (different features
can have the same category).

The description of the new function obtainCategories() is wrong. The
function does not check whether a vector is multilayer. The function
does not even check whether a feature has multiple categories in a
given layer. The function returns a list of all categories in layer X
for type=centroid which is what you want for g.gui.rlisetup. Actually,
g.gui.lisetup does not care about the vector layer, which is another
bug. And it does not care about the vector type. You should add the
options layer= and type= wherever appropriate.

> Do you apply it?

Not in this form.

Markus M