[GRASS-dev] [GRASS GIS] #1327: [python] DebCheck QA: undefined name 'main'

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Thu Sep 4 22:14:33 PDT 2014

#1327: [python] DebCheck QA: undefined name 'main'
---------------------------------------------------------------------+------
 Reporter:  hamish                                                   |       Owner:  grass-dev@…
     Type:  defect                                                   |      Status:  new
      Cpu:  Unspecified                                              |
---------------------------------------------------------------------+------
Changes (by wenzeslaus):

  * keywords:  d.rast3d => d.rast3d, code analysis, pyflakes, static code
               analysis
  * priority:  normal => minor
  * milestone:  6.4.2 => 6.4.5

Comment:

 Note that you can use `pep8`, `pyflakes`, `pylint` or `pychecker` by
 yourself to check the code in order to avoid downstream reporting trivial
 errors. See GRASS-specific configuration files in `tools` directory.

 See also
 [http://grass.osgeo.org/grass71/manuals/libpython/gunittest_testing.html
 #analyzing-quality-of-source-code suggestions to test code quality] and
 [https://svn.osgeo.org/grass/sandbox/wenzeslaus/grass_py_static_check.py a
 script in sandbox] dedicated to this purpose. [https://qa.debian.org/daca/
 DACA web page] is also interesting.

 However, I'm not sure if we will ever fix this for 6.x. Some of the Python
 developers are working on 7.x to minimize number of these "code smells"
 for example using `pep8` or `pylint`. So, this might be wontfix for 6.x
 but it is a big goal for 7.x which might be described and discussed in
 several mega tickets if desired.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/1327#comment:3>
GRASS GIS <http://grass.osgeo.org>