[GRASS-dev] Create Addons for GRASS gis

Anna Petrášová kratochanna at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 09:50:35 PDT 2014

Hi,

On Fri, Sep 5, 2014 at 1:46 AM, Manolis Mylonakis <mylonos at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there a complete guide - example describing how to create an
> add-on/plugin for the GRASS gis?
>
> I would like to extend the GUI with extra menus and toolbars providing
> extra functionality.
>

> thank you

maybe if you could tell us more what you would like to do, we could be more
specific. Generally, it's simple to write a Python module as Moritz
suggests. GUI customization can be more complicated. There is a mechanism
to customize menu but unfortunately not toolbars. So, when you create your
own module, you can then add it to the menu. Then, you can also build your
own GUI application based on the GUI components, but we don't have yet a
plugin system for GUI plugins. So let us know what do you need.

Anna