[GRASS-dev] [GRASS-user] GRASS Community Sprint Portland 2014 - user contributions

Anna Petrášová kratochanna at gmail.com
Sat Sep 13 11:55:22 PDT 2014

On Sat, Sep 13, 2014 at 2:20 PM, Blumentrath, Stefan <
Stefan.Blumentrath at nina.no> wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> I am starting to work on the incomplete manual pages and was wondering
> what sample data to use. Have you made a decision about:
> http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/grass-dev/2014-May/068601.html ?
>
> The data looks a bit heavy to me (>600mb). Maybe 2 or 3 years would be
> sufficient? Vector data could be e.g. derived from the raster data sets
> (convert a set of random points to vector for each climate grid)?

Unfortunately we don't have the official dataset yet but you can use the
mentioned climate dataset for now and if needed we can update the example
once we have the official dataset. It will be probably very similar so it
should be easy to update the examples. You can use whatever subset of the
data you like.  For vector, we are still discussing what to use, so if you
could just focus on the description text?

Thanks for help!

> Cheers
> Stefan
>
> P.S.: Will someone be available on IRC in case of other questions?

Markus N. and maybe some others