[GRASS-dev] v.overlay handles mapname at mapset in a wrong way

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 13:28:53 PDT 2014

On Wed, Sep 17, 2014 at 3:50 PM, Markus Metz <markus.metz.giswork at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 17, 2014 at 3:33 PM, Vaclav Petras <wenzeslaus at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > it seems [1] that v.overlay cannot handle dot in mapset name which
> probably
> > points to a wrong handling of mapset in a parameter.
>
> How did you manage to add @<mapset> to the output name? With the GUI
> this is not possible. On the command line you should not add @<mapset>
> to a vector output (this might apply also to raster output, I did not
> check) because output maps are always created in the current mapset.

Oh, I didn't realized that.

The error is caused by t.vect.mapcalc (visible in tests). It seems that it
is just adding the mapset name there for some reason.

http://fatra.cnr.ncsu.edu/grassgistests/reports_for_date-2014-09-17-07-00/report_for_nc_spm_08_grass7_nc/temporal/t.vect.mapcalc/test.t.vect.mapcalc/index.html

> The error appears not in the module but in the library, thus affects
> all modules who care to check the validity of a vector output name.
> IOW, the vector output name must not be a fully qualified name. I have
> fixed that in r62023,4 for trunk and relbr_70. The warning is now
>
> WARNING: Illegal vector map name
>          <tmp_map_name_27967_1@
> __temporal_t_vect_mapcalc_test.t.vect.mapcalc>.
>          Character '@' not allowed.
>
> because '@' occurs before '.' in the fully qualified name.
>
> This is much clearer message, thanks.

Vaclav