[GRASS-dev] What is the status of g.list, g.remove, g.mlist and g.mremove?

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Thu Sep 25 09:01:00 PDT 2014

On Sep 13, 2014 3:54 AM, "Huidae Cho" <grass4u at gmail.com> wrote:
> There are two major changes:
> 2. g.mremove consolidated multiple options into the type= option.

I tested this just today and I am not convinced at all of this choice.
It looks dangerous to me.

I would prefer to see type as single option and pattern as multi option to
remain as close as possible to what it used to be, allowing for e.g.

g.remove vect pattern=map1,map2

It rarely happens that you have maps with identical name but different type
which you want to remove at the same time but rather that you have
different map names of the same type you want to remove...
At the same time pattern allows to select something more complicated. But
likely I don't want to invent a regex for deleting three maps out of many.

Best
Markus

> On Fri, Sep 12, 2014 at 9:05 PM, Vaclav Petras <wenzeslaus at gmail.com>
wrote:

>> Hi,
>>
>> there was an effort to replace g.list by g.mlist and the same for
g.remove/g.mremove?

>> What is the status now and how would the API change?
>>
>> We can also have one as a script with different defaults if this would
help to keep compatibility (then we would be able to make the changes any
time later).