[GRASS-dev] ppa:grass-devel missing for trusty (14.04 LTS)?

Johannes Brauner johannes.brauner at tu-dresden.de
Thu Sep 25 11:03:10 PDT 2014

Hi devs,

I'm currently missing the ppa:grass-devel for trusty (14.04 LTS) ... it
doesn't seem to work.

The ppa can be added to the list of repositories (according to [1], but
"apt-get update" throws some 404s. I checked [2] and found out that a
trusty dir is missing. A utopic dir is however available. I'm not sure
whether this is accidental or not.

I've no idea, how much work maintaining a ppa is, so please excuse if
I'm asking too much here: would it be possible to enable the grass-devel
ppa for trusty? In the spirit of the LTS character? It'd be a
(convenient) solution to use GRASS 7.1 without the need to compile it
manually.

I'm offering my help if things need testing.

Thanks a lot in any case!

Cheers,

Johannes

[1] http://grass.osgeo.org/download/software/linux/#grass71
[2] http://ppa.launchpad.net/grass/grass-devel/ubuntu/dists/

--
Geoinformation Systems - Technische Universität Dresden, Germany