[GRASS-dev] Multimedia Data mining on RSI Images-Phase 1-Documented.

Amitabh amitabh.tiwari27 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 08:57:47 PDT 2015

*Why Multimedia in the title?*

see there are two types of data mining algorithms :
1. Textual Data mining algorithms(K-means,apriori,K-nn etc.)
2. Multimedia data mining algorithms (for audio,video frames,images,full
motion videos etc.)
This implementation of mine belongs to the second category.

*Contribution to GRASS GIS:*

I studied this software a lot and analyzed it from the perspective of
geo-spatial researchers.Being an active member of several geo-spatial
forums,I analyzed the several products available in the market available
for processing of satellite images.Now in order to be on the top in a long
run,we have to always find a cutting edge over the others.This feature of
mining satellite images at bit level across different light bands is not
provided by a single software.On top of that this technology was introduced
in the market just 1-1/2 years ago in an IEEE paper by Qin Ding and william
perrizo which was recognized as the best technological advancement in the
field of geo-processing.

Please provide your feedback on the same.
Regards,
-Amitabh