[GRASS-dev] GRASS command for raster and vector size

matmar matteo.marcantonio at fmach.it
Tue Apr 21 12:40:56 PDT 2015

Hi list,

In the last few days I have been dealing with reduced amount of disk space
due to map algebra operations in GRASS, then I was quite interested to know
the size of GRASS objects in a easy way.

I solved the problem with /ls -lh/ but I was wondering if a GRASS module (or
a flag in an existing module) that prints the actual size of GRASS objects
(raster, vector, temporal databases, etc) may be useful for GRASS users.

I was thinking something like:
*g.size type=raster,vector -m or -g (human readable byte units like Mb or
Gb)*

What do you think? Anybody willing to implement it?

Matteo