[GRASS-dev] grass-dev Digest, Vol 110, Issue 36

Michael Barton Michael.Barton at asu.edu
Sat Apr 25 10:12:13 PDT 2015

The renaming and regularization of modules for the GRASS 7 release took place over multiple months IIRC. Martin and Markus sent out repeated requests/invitation for comment during this time.  There was a specific discussion thread for this but there was not a lot of comment for most of the modules. The discussion of whether and how to rename the module that is now called r.relief was on the dev list and lengthy, with quite a few people weighing in with different opinions (unlike most other renamed modules). There was a lengthy discussion thread for this too. I agree that the process needs to be open and transparent. But in this case, my recollection is that it was.

Michael
C. Michael Barton
Head, Graduate Faculty in Complex Adaptive Systems Science
Arizona State University

voice:  480-965-6262 (SHESC), 480-965-8130/727-9746 (CSDC)
fax: 480-965-7671 (SHESC),  480-727-0709 (CSDC)