[GRASS-dev] Running python test: why are they not running?

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 07:54:21 PDT 2015

On Thu, Aug 20, 2015 at 10:25 AM, Rainer M Krug <Rainer at krugs.de> wrote:

> The easiest might be to checkout the tests before usage. How can I check
> them out from svn and in which folder are they located? But I assume
> they have to be compiled before usage?

What needs to be compiled should (i.e. is) compiled during compilation (not
ideal actually, but good enough). Most of the tests code is written in
Python. The tests are part of the main source code. If you have source code
from Subversion, browse it and look for testsuite directories. Every
testsuite directory is a set of tests for its parent directory.

Examples:

https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass/trunk/raster/r.mapcalc/testsuite
https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass/trunk/raster/r.viewshed/testsuite
https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass/trunk/lib/python/script/testsuite