[GRASS-dev] r.resample.rst behavior does not match manual

Michael Barton Michael.Barton at asu.edu
Sat Aug 29 19:02:47 PDT 2015

The r.resample.rst manual states…

" Reinterpolation (resampling) is done to higher, same or lower resolution specified by the ew_res and ns_res parameters.”

The very next sentence states...

"All resulting raster maps are created using the settings of the current region (which may be different from that of the input raster map).”

So these two sentences contradict each other.

Additionally, I’ve got a 90m DEM that I want to resample to 30m. I’ve reset the region resolution to 30m. This is exactly the situation listed in the second sentence. Yet r.resample.rst gives the error:

"ERROR: Input map resolution differs from current region resolution!"

So what is the proper way to use this module? Whatever it is, the manual needs to be corrected.

Michael
C. Michael Barton
Head, Graduate Faculty in Complex Adaptive Systems Science
Arizona State University

voice:  480-965-6262 (SHESC), 480-965-8130/727-9746 (CSDC)
fax: 480-965-7671 (SHESC),  480-727-0709 (CSDC)